This dessert needs no explanation.
Ice cream is perhaps the most beloved and iconic dessert in the world - famous in every nation across the globe.
Its origins date back to antiquity when, probably, fruit, milk, honey and other foods were refrigerated to preserve them. Bear in mind that there are reports of frozen dairy products that date as far the Tang dynasty (618-907).
However, Ice cream as we know it today was invented by Bernardo Buontalenti, a famous architect who worked in the court of Caterina dei Medici in the 17th century.
Now, let’s learn how to prepare this delicious recipe!
5.3 oz sugar
10.6 oz cream
0.35 oz (3 spoonful’s) Lavazza Prontissimo!
2 fl oz (4 cups) espresso “ristretto”
1. Prepare a cup of espresso coffee and dissolve Lavazza Prontissimo! Into the hot espresso.
2. Whip the chilled cream until you get the desired consistency and leave it in the fridge whilst while you continue with the other preparations.
3. Separate the yolks from the egg whites.
4. Add 3.5 oz of sugar to the yolks and blend them with an electric whisk until you obtain a dense mousse (whip for about 3 minutes) and then add it to the whipped cream: remember to mix slowly.
5. Whisk the egg whites with 1.77 oz of the remaining sugar into stiff peaks.
6. Add it all to the cream with the yolks, folding in from the bottom up.
7. Once a homogeneous mixture has been obtained, stir in the cold coffee slowly.
Place the ice cream into a bowl, cover with cling film/saran wrap and place it in the freezer.